IEEE SSCI 2015 Doctoral Consortium
The objectives of 2015 Doctoral Consortium are to provide an opportunity for doctoral students to discuss on the plans and approaches of their on-going doctoral research deeply with Doctoral Consortium participants including experts in our computational intelligence community and extend their academic human-networks.
The Doctoral Consortium will run as one of IEEE SSCI 2015 events. Doctoral students are invited to submit to the Doctoral Consortium.
- Cover sheet that includes
- Full name
- Affiliation and email address
- Expected graduation date
- Full name, title, affiliation and email address of your supervisor
- Title of research
- List of up to 5 keywords to help us to select reviewers for the application
- Extended abstract for informing referees and readers what doctoral research you are doing.
- The summary is intended for non-experts and experts; there should be easy to understand at a high level, but also contain low levels details for experts.
- The IEEE conference file format should be used, which is double-column format.
- The summary is a maximum of 2 pages and must contain
- Research title
- Name, affiliation, and email address
- Background and remained problems
- Research objectives and originality
- Research approaches/methodologies
- Preliminary results
- Future research plan
- References (they are NOT counted toward the 2-page limit.)
It must include the items of your educational history and job experiences, and write "non" when you have no experiences in industry.
A recommendation letter from your supervisor or other faculty member is required.
Official proof of your doctoral studentship issued by the Graduate School of your university, or an official letter from your supervisor or Department Chair confirming that you are a registered doctoral student at your university.
When you are ready to submit your Doctoral Consortium application package (one single PDF file with all the required sections), click the "Paper Submission" in the menu at the left side, and then go to "Click here to go to Paper Submission webpage." Once you are at the submission webpage, please make sure you select the track "2015 IEEE SSCI Doctoral Consortium".
Originality, significance, correctness, and clarity of all submissions will be evaluated.
The submission and notification dates are the same as the paper submission and notification dates for IEEE SSCI 2015.
Applicants must be students of doctoral program of their universities as of December 7, 2015.
Schedule and Program
Doctoral Consortium will be held in the afternoon on the first day, i.e. December 7.
It consists of two or three poster sessions in a single track and a social event during the SSCI 2015 reception.
All accepted students are requested to make a short flush talk (2 or 3 minutes)and long poster presentation.
Accepted doctoral students' research titles, keywords, names, university names, and photos will be posted at the Doctoral Consortium corner at the reception hall on the evening of 7th December, 2015.
|Prof Hideyuki Takagi|
Kyushu University, Japan.