2015 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for
Communication Systems and Networks
A copy of the symposium CFP can be downloaded here
Computational Intelligence (CI) is arguably one of the most powerful approaches for the optimization and design of complex communication systems and networks in order to meet the ever more challenging requirements and needs of nowadays applications. In this framework, a wide number of CI methodologies and algorithms based on Fuzzy Logic Systems, Learning-by-Examples Techniques, and Evolutionary Computation have been developed and effectively applied to real problems as demonstrated by the many research publications as well as the number of meetings and symposia organized worldwide. The introduction of innovative designs and advanced optimization methodologies is fundamental to offer new capabilities to the next-generation communication services and applications.
Although the research on CI applications has reached an impressive state, there are still many new research topics for the applications of CI that are continually emerging, especially in the communications and networking area such as antenna systems, microwave devices and technologies, signal processing, design of computer networks. This symposium aims at bringing researchers and engineers from academia and industry together to report, interact and review the latest progress of CI applications in the field of communication systems and networks, to explore future directions of research and to publicize CI applications to a wider audience from diverse fields.
Authors are invited to submit their original and unpublished work in the areas including but not limited to Computational Intelligence for/in:
- Nature-inspired approaches for the design of communications systems and networks
- Multi-objective optimization of network resources
- Simplified and cost-efficient communication architectures
- Design of wireless networks and wireless sensor networks
- Dynamic and reconfigurable antenna systems
- Passive and active microwave technologies
- Signal processing
- Computer networks design and optimization
- Networking protocols, services, and management
- Design of Future Internet
- Optical communication systems and networks
- Bio-inspired and artificial networks
- Autonomic networks and networking
- Nano and molecular networks
- Social and green networking
Special Session 1: Knowledge Aided Designs and Optimization in Communication and Computation, Please click here to download the CFP for the special session. (Organiser: Kandarpa Kumar Sarma, Gauhati University, Guwahati-781014, Assam, India. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Special Session 2: Nature-Inspired Antenna Systems, Please click here to download the CFP for the special session. (Organisers: Randy L. Haupt, Colorado School of Mines, Colorado, USA. Email: email@example.com and Paolo Rocca, University of Trento, Trento, Italy. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Proposals for special session and tutorials are encouraged. Please send your proposal to one of the co-chairs by May 14, 2015.
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
University of Trento, Italy.
- Ali Akdagli, Mersin University, Turkey
- Andreas Constantinides, Frederick University, Cyprus
- Andrew Lewis, Griffith University, Australia
- Anjan Kumar Talukdar, Gauhati University, India
- Atul Negi, Hyderabad Central University, India
- Chao Qian, Nanjing University, China
- David Luengo, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- David Malone, Hamilton Institute, Ireland
- Eugen Dedu, University of Franche-Comte, France
- Fei Li, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Gitanjali Devi, Lalit Chandra Bharali College, India
- Hakim Mabed, University of Franche Comte, France
- Hussein Abbass, The University of New South Wales, Australia
- Kandarpa Kumar Sarma, Gauhati University, India
- Kenji Leibnitz, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Japan
- Krishna Dutta, National Institute of Technology, India
- Kumaresh Sarmah, Gauhati University, India
- Lucas S. Batista, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Mario Aboytes, Industry, Mexico
- Mousmita Sarma, SpeecHWareNet (I) Pvt Ltd., India
- Navajit Saikia, Assam Engineering College, India
- Pedro Coelho, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Pritima Chakravarty, Assam University of Science and Technology, India
- Sam Adams, IBM Research, United States of America
- Theodore Tsiligiridis, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
- Valeriu Beiu, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Yanjing Sun, China University of Mining and Technology, China