2015 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Biometrics and Identity Management
The 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Biometrics and Identity Management (CIBIM 2015) will be held within the 2015 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI 2015).
Biometric technology is the technology of the 21st century which uses measurable physiological or behavioural characteristics to reliably distinguish one person from another. The technology is fast gaining popularity as means of personal identification and verification for different commercial, government and law enforcement applications. However, most existing biometric systems could only perform well with high quality samples of the biometric trait from cooperative users. Computational intelligence (CI), primarily based on neural networks (NN), fuzzy systems (FS), evolutionary computation (EC), etc., is a suitable approach for solving challenging real-world biometric applications.
The main objective of this symposium is to bring researchers from academia and industry together to exchange the latest theoretical and experimental CI solutions in biometrics and identity management. This event will provide an interdisciplinary forum for researchers, developers and practitioner especially in the CI field to present state of the art biometric research and technology, as well as the potential problems in real applications.
The symposium topics include, but are certainly not limited to the following areas:
- CI-based biometric algorithms, techniques and systems
- Machine learning, neural-networks and artificial intelligence methods in biometrics and identity management
- Adaptive biometric systems for static and dynamically-changing environments
- Intelligent and evolutionary biometric systems
- Biometric solutions for physical and logical securities
- Biometric smart ID, RFID ePassport, biometric authentication and identity management
- Covert and unconstrained biometrics
- Multiple biometrics, multi-modal biometrics, and multi-classifier systems
- Security and privacy issues, biometric cryptography and template protection
- Soft biometrics and new biometric modalities
- Mobile biometric devices and embedded biometric systems
Machine Learning Techniques for Fingerprint Biometrics, Please click here to download the CFP for the special session. (Organiser: Ruggero Donida Labati, Universite degli Studi di Milano, Italy, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Ajita Rattani, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA, Email: email@example.com.
Please send your special session proposals to any of the symposium co-chairs
University of Milan, Italy.
Defence Research and Development Canada, Canada.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
Enrique Muñoz Ballester|
Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Italy.
- Herve Chabanne, ParisTech, France
- Gerry Vernon Dozier, North Carolina A&T State University, USA
- Yingzi (Eliza) Du, University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA
- Giorgio Fumera, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Eric Granger, Ecole de technologie superieure, Canada
- Laurent Heutte, Universite de Rouen, France
- Kevin Jia, IGT, USA
- Kailash J Karande, SKN Sinhgad College of Engineering, India
- Hale Kim, Inha University, Korea
- Adams Wai-Kin Kong, Nanyang University, Singapore
- Wenxin Li, Peking University, China
- Zheng Liu, Toyota Technological Institute, Japan
- Gian Luca Marcialis, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Damodaran Nedumaran, University of Madras, India
- Hugo Proenca, University of Beira Interior, Portugal
- Ajita Rattani, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Robert Sabourin, Ecole de Technologie Superieure, Canada
- Seref Sagiroglu, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
- Mario Savastano, National Research Council of Italy, Italy
- Nicole Vincent, Universite Rene Descartes, France
- Lidong Wang, Mississippi Valley State University, USA
- Yong Xu, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Svetlana N. Yanushkevich, University of Calgary, Canada
- Wei-Yun Yau, Institute for Information Research, Singapore
- Lei Zhang, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Huiyu Zhou, Queen's University Belfast, UK